I am all about quick and easy dinners. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy cooking but with 3 kids running around, I have minimal time and minimal energy left to feed everyone. This recipe uses 4 bare bones ingredients but throwing in a few extra things can really jazz it up!
Mamas Favorite Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 box stuffing (I use generic brand stuffing mix for chicken)
- BBQ sauce
Optional add ins
- seasonings (seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper, chili powder)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crack egg into a big bowl
- Pour in water
- Mix egg and water together
- Dump in ground turkey and add in whatever seasonings you like.
- Pour in boxed stuffing mix.
- Use your hands to mix it all together.
- Wash hands. You could put this in the oven as is or keep going to jazz it up. If baking now jump to step 12.
- Heat olive oil in a pan then add in onions.
- Cook until the onions are soft then add in garlic and cook until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic, he is tricky!
- Dump into the meat mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture into a greased 7×11 baking pan and cook for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes take it out and top with a drizzle of ketchup and/or BBQ sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. Then place back in oven for another 10 minutes. Once done baking, let sit for 5 minutes to let the juicy goodness settle. Then serve and enjoy!
This recipe is also super easy to make into meatloaf cupcakes!
Follow the same recipe but instead of baking it in a 7×11 pan, put the meat mixture in a cupcake pan. I don’t recommend baking them in cupcake liners because the juices make them get all soggy and weird looking! I set them in the liners after they have cooled a bit then use boxed mashed potatoes to pipe on top. Cook the potatoes according to the instructions on the box or from scratch if you are fancy. Let them cool for a few minutes then use a spoon to put them into a zippered storage baggie. Cut the bottom corner off of the baggie and pipe the potatoes on to the meatloaf cupcakes. Enjoy!