If you have been on Pinterest lately odds are you have seen dozens of pins about crockpot candy. I love all things made in the crockpot and anything covered in chocolate so I knew I had to make this myself. I looked at a bunch of different recipes but in the end went rogue and experimented with my own. Thankfully it turned out great!!
- 16oz of dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1.5 cups cheerios (or other cereal)
- 1 package Candiquik (16oz)
- Sprinkles or other toppings (optional)
- Turn crockpot on low
- Pour peanuts into crockpot
- Break Candiquik apart and lay on top of peanuts
- Cover and cook for 1 hour
- Stir peanuts and Candiquik until combined
- Pour in 2 cups of cheerios and stir until everything is coated
- Scoop onto lined cookie sheets (or counter) and top with sprinkles.
- Let cool for 30 minutes then enjoy!!
This stuff is addictive! The best thing about crock pot candy is you can make it with whatever you want! Use whatever combination of nuts you like and mix in whatever cereal you fancy or none at all! If not using cereal use 2 containers (32oz) of nuts instead. I’ve also seen versions where people mix in m&ms and marshmallows. The only thing I DON’T recommend is using white chocolate chips as the coating. I made this same recipe using them and it didn’t turn out nearly as smooth and creamy.
This recipe is a keeper in our house! I hope you all enjoy it as well ♥